What is your privacy statement?
Please visit the privacy statement on our web site.
Will I be able to use my account on the same day that I open my account?
Yes, once you receive your account number you can use your account right away.
Online applications must successfully complete the identity verification process provided by Equifax Canada, Inc. You must then click on the activation link that was emailed to start using your account.
Why does my account keep failing online registration?
In order to meet regulatory requirements to open an HPIbet account we are required to ask for personal information. Our online application uses an identity verification process provided by Equifax Canada, Inc. This process compares the information you provide to information in your credit report in order to validate your identity and no other. This process will not impact your credit rating or credit file in any way. Should the information you provide not be verified online, please be assured that this is not a reflection of your credit rating but may simply be due to the fact that your consumer report file is incomplete or out of date. If our identify verification process is unable to verify your provided information then you are welcome to print your completed application and submit it via mail.
All information submitted via this online application is fully encrypted and secure
Who can sign up for an HPIbet account?
To sign up for an HPIbet account you must be a Canadian resident, 18 years of age (19 in BC).
How is my HPIbet account protected online?
Your HPIbet account is protected by a unique username, password, pin number, and call-in verbal password. We take the security of your personal information very seriously and will do our utmost to protect your HPIbet account.
Why must I create a Username and Password?
Creating a unique username and password will add an extra layer of security to your HPIbet account. A username must contain a minimum of 6 alphanumeric characters, must start and end with a letter or number. Your password must contain at least 6 characters and must contain at least one number and letter.
Can I add a social networking profile to my HPIbet account?
Yes, you can add any of the available social networking login types to your HPIbet profile. If you have a Facebook, Google Plus, Microsoft or Twitter account you can link the two accounts together. Sign into your HPI account - Click View Profile - Social Networks, and select your desired social network. You will need to follow the prompts on screen that the respective social network ask you to before account linking is complete.
Note: You will still need to enter you HPIbet pin number for each session once you’re logged into your HPIbet account.
How secure is my online account information?
HPIbet is a secure site, built with controls to protect the privacy of your personal information and the integrity of your wagering activities. All HPIbet wagering transactions are handled by Woodbine Entertainment Group’s wagering systems and are protected using SSL SHA -2 encryption.
How do I cancel a wager?
There are multiple methods to cancel wagers depending on how they were placed.
- Wagers made online can be cancelled via the My Transactions page or the Today’s Bets section on HPIbet.com.
- Wagers made through your HPIbet account on a self serve terminal can be cancelled on the self serve terminal.
- All wagers made online, by phone or on a self serve terminal can be cancelled by contacting the HPIbet Support Centre at 1-888-675-8886 and confirming your cancellation with an HPIbet representative.
What if I have questions regarding the bets I make through HPIbet?
HPIbet representatives will be able to assist you with any question you may have. Call us toll free at 1-888-675-8886 or locally at (416) 675-8886
What happens if a race goes off before I finish composing and confirming my bet?
If you attempt to place a bet for a race no longer available for wagering, the system will display one of several possible error messages to you indicating that your wager could not be accepted.
Do you keep a history of my wagers?
Yes. HPIbet displays up to your last 60 days of wagers made online.
How long in advance can I place a wager?
You can place a wager as soon as the tote system has opened the race card for wagering. Typically this will be half an hour before post time of the first race in a card. The tracks that you can wager on will be listed on the HPIbet track selection panel. This list will vary based on what races are running on a given day. On occasion, advance day wagering will be available for selected special races. Advance day wagering will be indicated with the code "(ADV)" appended to the track name.
Can two people or more use the same computer to place a wager?
Yes, you can share a computer. However each person must use their own HPI account and must have logged into HPIbet using their account credentials.
Can an HPIbet representative place a wager for me?
HPI representatives CANNOT place wagers for customers, as per the HPIbet Terms and Conditions. However, HPIbet representatives can teach you how to place a bet. Please call the HPIbet Support Centre at 1-888-675-8886 or 416-675-8886.
Can I make online deposits into my HPIbet account from the HPIbet web site?
Yes. To make an online deposit into your HPIbet account via the HPIbet site, simply sign into your HPIbet account select - MY HPIbet - Deposit/Withdraw. From here you can select between Credit Card, Interac Online, PayPal and Loadhub funding option. TIP: You can also get to our funding page by clicking the green dollar bill symbol located next to your balance.
Do you keep a history of my funding transactions?
Yes. HPIbet displays up to your last 60 days of transactions made online.
How secure is my banking information? How secure are deposits performed through the phone system or Internet?
HPIbet is a secure application, built with many controls to protect the privacy of your personal information and the integrity of your deposits. While using HPIbet all of your activities are encrypted and protected using SSL SHA -2 encryption.
What if I receive an error message when using the phone system or Internet to perform a funding transaction?
Follow the directions provided by the error message. In some cases you may need to contact the HPIbet Support Centre for assistance in completing or confirming a transaction. The HPIbet Support Centre can be reached by phone toll free 1-888-675-8886 or 416-675-8886.
Can I Refund my Interac Online or Credit Card transactions?
Yes. You can refund any credit card and Interac Online deposits made online. Sign-into your HPIbet account – go to MY HPIbet – select My Transactions - Deposit/Withdrawal. From here you can refund up to 60 days of online transactions by clicking REFUND next to the transaction amount. Note: It may take 3 to 4 business days for the refund amount to show up on your banks systems. This processing time is varies by bank.
Can I make a withdrawal online into my bank account using EFT withdrawals?
Electronic Funds Transfer allows you to return a specified amount to a pre-registered bank account through HPIbet. To register your bank account for EFT, sign-into your HPIbet account – go to MY HPIbet – select Deposit/Withdrawal. Click EFT Withdrawal, and from here click EFT setup.
Enter your Bank Code, Account No. and Transit No in the corresponding boxes. Within 3 business days a small deposit will be made to your bank account. This amount will need to be confirmed to activate EFT on your HPIbet Account.
IN PERSON WITHDRAWALS
How can I make a withdrawal in person?
To withdraw funds you can visit the HPIbet West Express or HPIbet Player Services booth at Woodbine Racetrack (9am to 11pm), Hastings Racecourse (9am to 9pm Monday to Saturday and 9am to 8pm Sundays), Fraser Downs (Live Racing Only) Western Fair (Live Racing 5:30pm to 11pm) or Century Mile (9:30am to Last race). You must present Government Issue Photo ID along with a signed withdrawal slip to receive your cash. Requests in excess of $1000 will require 24 hours notice.
Can I make a withdrawal from an Automated Teller (SAM machine)?
Yes you can. Withdrawals can be made with your HPIbet account card at any self-serve terminal in the following areas: WEG (Woodbine, Mohawk, Greenwood, Flamboro, Georgian, Grand River, Clinton, Hanover and Champions teletheatre locations), Alberta (Century Downs and Century Bets! OTB, Century Mile and century Mile OTB), BC (Hastings Park, Fraser Downs and TBCTeletheatres).
Please note: Account Card functionality may differ between home market areas depending on Tote providers. For more information regarding your HPIbet Account Card functionality please contact an HPIbet Representative (locally) at 416-675-8886 or 1-888-675-8886. Vouchers can be cashed with any mutual teller in the same tote in which the voucher was issued. Please note that vouchers exceeding $1000CDN cannot be honored at any Champions Teletheatre or exceeding $800CDN at any B.C. area TBC Teletheatre. Please redeem vouchers in excess of the amount listed above at a racetrack location and not that of a Teletheatre.
WITHDRAWALS MADE OVER THE PHONE
How can I withdraw funds from my account over the phone?
To withdraw funds from your HPIbet account when you are unable to visit the racetrack, please send a written request, which can be mailed to: HPIbet 555 Rexdale Blvd. Toronto, ON M9W 5L2; faxed 416-213-2130 or scanned and emailed to us at support@HPIbet.com. Your letter should include your name, date, HPIbet account number, the dollar amount for withdrawal and a signature. Please verify in your request the address you would like the cheque mailed to or the pre-registered credit card you would like the money returned to. We can issue a cheque for any amount over $50. In addition, you may ask to keep the letter on file for any future withdrawals by including on the written request the following: "Please keep on file for future verbal withdrawal requests".
When will my HPIbet Rewards points balance be updated to reflect the wagers I have made?
Your rewards point balance is updated approximately every 20 minutes.
Will my HPIbet Rewards points balance decrease if I cancel wagers?
Yes, your balance will be adjusted accordingly.
What can I use my HPIbet Rewards points for? Is there a time limit for using my points?
For full details on the HPIbet Rewards program and prize list please contact the HPIbet Support Centre and ask to speak with a Rewards Centre representative. There is no time limit for using your points.
How do I know if I am eligible for rewards points where I live?
The information below is meant as a general guideline for Rewards eligibility as there are some exceptions to the rules listed below. Please call the HPIbet Support Centre if you have any questions regarding your eligibility.
Rewards Eligibility for Home-based Wagers (e.g. IVR or Online)
To earn HPIbet Reward points and TOAs from IVR or online wagers, the customer must have an HPIbet account and reside in one of the following Home Market Areas (HMAs) as defined by the Canadian Pari-mutuel Association (CPMA):
· British Columbia
To verify your Home Market Areas please call the HPIbet Support Centre at 1-888-675-8886 or 416-675-8886.
Rewards Eligibility for On-Track and Teletheartre Wagers
With some exceptions, any customer, regardless of where they reside, may earn Rewards points and TOAs when visiting one of the racetracks or teletheatres associated with the Home Market Areas listed above when using their HPIbet account.
Why does HPIbet log me out after 60 minutes?
This is for security reasons. If there is no user activity within the site you will be automatically logged out after 60 minutes. This is for the protection of members who inadvertently leave their PC unattended while the HPIBET site is running.
Are cookies stored on my computer?
Will my account be disabled if I continually fail to provide proper login credentials for HPIBET?
Yes. After three failed login attempts the system will automatically disable your HPIbet account. This is to protect your account from unauthorized access. If you have forgotten your Username, Password or Wagering Pin, or if your account has been disabled, please call the HPIbet Support Centre at 1-888-675-8886 or 416-675-8886
Can I access HPIbet from my smart phone or tablet?
Yes. HPIbet is a fully responsive designed site. Your tablet and/or mobile device must be able to run HTML5 content, the latest Operating System with the latest Browser version in order for you to enjoy the full experience of HPIbet.com
How do i add hpibet as a favourite site?
as of october 11, 2016
- Navigate to the page you want to bookmark.
- Click the Star button on the right side of the address bar. You can also press [Ctrl or ⌘ Cmd] +D.
- Name your bookmark.
- Modify the address.
- Organize the bookmark.
- Show or hide the Bookmarks Bar.
- You can toggle the bookmarks bar by pressing Ctrl/⌘ Cmd+⇧ Shift+B, or by clicking the Chrome Menu button (☰), selecting "Bookmarks", and then clicking "Show bookmarks bar".
- If your bookmarks bar is showing, you can drag a websites icon directly onto the bar to quickly add it as a bookmark.
- Open the page you want to bookmark.
- Tap the Menu button (⋮) and then tap ☆.
- Edit the bookmark details.
- You can change the name, address, and choose a folder for the new bookmark. When selecting a folder, you can tap "New folder" to make a new folder in the currently-selected folder.
- Tap "Save" when you are satisfied with the bookmark.
- View all of your bookmarks. You can open a tab with all of your bookmarks.
- Tap the Menu button (⋮) and then "Bookmarks".
- Navigate through the folders by tapping them at the top of the screen.
- Press and hold a bookmark to view its menu. You can open the bookmark, edit it, or delete it.
- Open the page you want to bookmark.
- Click the ☆ button next to the Search bar. The star will turn blue and will be added to your bookmarks. You can also press Ctrl/⌘ Cmd+D.
- Click the ★ to open the bookmark's details. There are a few different changes you can make to the bookmark from this pop-out window:
- You can change the name of the bookmark, which is the same as the page's title by default.
- You can select a folder for the bookmark by choosing one from the drop-down menu. You can create a new folder by clicking the ∨ button and then clicking New Folder.
- Add tags to the bookmark. Firefox allows you to tag bookmarks with words or short phrases. You can then find your bookmarks later by using these tags. Click the ∨ button to view all of your tags.
- Toggle the bookmarks bar. The bookmarks bar is a way to quickly access your most important bookmarks. It appears beneath the address bar. Click the Clipboard button next to the Search bar, select "Bookmarks Toolbar", and then click "View Bookmarks Toolbar" to toggle it on or off.
- Open the page you want to bookmark.
- Tap the Menu button (⋮) and then tap the ☆. If you don't see the ⋮, you may have to pull the page down a little.
- Open a new tab to view your bookmarks. Swipe left or right until you open the "Bookmarks" section.
- Edit a bookmark by pressing and holding it, and then select "Edit". This will allow you to change the name, address, and add keywords which can help you find it in a search.
Internet explorer / microsoft edge(windows 10 only)
- Open the page that you want to bookmark.
- Click the ☆ in the upper-right corner. Click Add to favorites. If you don't see the ☆, click "Favorites" → "Add to favorites".
- You can also press Ctrl+D.
- Edit the bookmark's details. You can change the title of the bookmark and choose a folder to save it in. Click New folder to make a new folder in the currently-selected folder.
- Click Add when you are satisfied with the bookmark.
- Organize your bookmarks. If you have a lot of bookmarks, you can use the bookmark manager to get them all in order. Click the "Favorites" menu and select "Organize favorites". If you don't see the Favorites menu, press Alt.
- Visit the website you want to bookmark.
- Click "Bookmarks" → "Add Bookmark". You can also press ⌘ Command + D.
- Select a location for the bookmark. The pop-out menu will allow you to choose where you want to save your bookmark to. You can add it to any of your folders or your Favorites bar.
- Name the bookmark and save it. Manage your bookmarks. If you have a lot of bookmarks, you can manage and organize them using the bookmark manager. Click "Bookmarks" → "Show Bookmarks" or press ⌘ Command+⌥ Option+⇧ Shift to open the bookmark manager.
- Open the Bookmarks sidebar. The sidebar allows you to quickly see all of your bookmarks and folders while still viewing websites. Click "View" → "Show Bookmarks Sidebar" or press Ctrl+⌘ Cmd+1.
- Open the webpage you want to bookmark.
- Tap the Share button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select "Add Bookmark" from the window that appears.
- Edit your bookmark's details. You can change the title of the bookmark as well as the exact address it will take you to. You can also tap the Location option to choose where to save your bookmark. Tap "Save" when you are satisfied with the bookmark.
I’m new to betting on horseracing, is there something easier I could try?
- Ontario racing has some great options for people new to betting on horseracing, [Click here to find out more].